1. Programmatic is experiencing rapid campaign investment growth due to automation of the buying process and the ability to identify and target the right audience at the right place and at the right time.
2. KPEX is able to reach 81% of the NZ online population every day though 9M unique device, 11M targetable demographic, 6.1M geo locations and 6.5M interest data points.
3. KPEX is launching native ad units on their platform.
4. Brand safety, ad fraud and transparency are currently hot topics. Questions to ask your vendors?
a. How do you interpret transparency?
b. What brand safety measure/tools do you use?
c. How do you optimise my campaigns?
d. What percentage of my spend is on actual media?
5. KPEX are now offering transparent url packages, so programmatic technology can read content on the page and ensure confidence in the environment.
6. Acquire Online have put a number of measures in place to ensure their ad buys are safe and transparent including regularly updating blacklists, utilising multiple brand safety vendors, constantly investing in new technology and introducing new metrics to measure campaign success.
7. Programmatic advertising is constantly evolving and requires investment in new technology, and upskilling as there is no one size fits all.
8. The future of programmatic buying in NZ will include outdoor billboards, TV, radio, influencer marketing, augmented reality and artificial intelligence in the near future.
9. Publishers, advertisers, ad-tech vendors and creative agencies need to work together to make sure we trade in a transparent and brand safe environment keeping the consumer experiences at the forefront.
10. CPC and CPM are metrics of the past. Focus on goals that better reflect your objectives such as; viewability, time-on-site, bounce rates and the conversions that really matter. Most importantly speak the language of your brands. e.g. if you’re marketing a fridge, report on online & offline fridge sales and not the CPC/CPM.
If you missed the event you can view Zane Furtado, Acquire Online Programmatic Director’s full presentation and highlights videos here.